Sunday, May 17, 2009

Playoff Game #1: Blackhawks at Red Wings

I am not going to say that the logo is bad, but the Blackhawk logo could be better. The Red Wings were seeded second and the Blackhawks were seeded fourth coming into the playoffs. Both teams amassed over 100 points in the NHL point system. The Red Wings limped into the playoffs while Chicago steamrolled on in. Who is the better team?

Chicago has played six games in the first two rounds (12 games in all), while Detroit swept in the first and went seven in the second (11 games in all).

Detroit won all four games in the second round at home. They are undefeated at home in the Playoffs.

Chicago is 2-4 on the road during the playoffs. Chicago has won it's last three playoff games. Detroit has won three of their last four.

Forecast: I don't know. I like Chicago for the series. I'm really not at all sure why, but I do. Maybe it is because my wife is from Illinois (and I am secretly biased, so secret that I don't even know about it). Either way, if Chicago does win the series, they have to take one on the road from a Detroit team who hasn't lost at home since the playoffs started. Detroit wins this one tonight with a tight score of 4-3.

Home Ice

0 Random Thoughts: