Monday, April 26, 2010

San Antonio Spurs at Dallas Mavericks - Round 1, Game 5

The Spurs lead the series, 2-1. If the Mavericks lose game 4, consider the series OVER. And because of that, this game is a must win. Pure and simple. Will the Mavs step up? They have done that in the past... with the right leadership. This doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the players on the court. It has EVERYTHING to do with who is calling the overall shots. Mavs coach Rick Carlisle. This is a make or break came in my mind for him.


If the Mavs win, it is because of him.


If the Mavs lose, ditto.

That's what I said about game 4. The series is over. The Mavs WILL win game 5, as it is at home. It is just a prolonging of the end, though, as the Spurs will wrap it up in Game 6. And before anyone starts harping on the fact the Mavs lost by only 3 points, the fact of the matter is they lost. And whether it is by one point or one hundred, a loss is still losing, thus making the Mavericks the losers of that game and the series. The Mavs can win, I just don't think Carlisle is the guy to take them there. I don't know if Cuban will agree with me, and he doesn't have to agree with me. It's just my opinion on my observation.
Mavs win this one and drop the next one. Score? I'm so mad, I don't want to put one up here... but I will anyway, for the sake of tradition. Mavs win it, 98-92.

1 Random Thoughts:

terry said...

i have mixed feelings about this series. i like the Mavs, but i think Phoenix matches up much better against the Spurs.

which presumes the Suns even make it to the second round.