Thursday, May 06, 2010

Kansas City Royals (11-17) at Texas Rangers (14-14)

Royals come into this one having dropped three of the last four, and two of three to the White Sox. Last two Zack starts have ended up loses for KC Royals, who are rumored to be shopping Grienke. I would love the Rangers to be on the receiving end of that trade.

The Royals have one winning season over the last... wait for it... 16 YEARS!!! And they are shopping probably the best pitcher in baseball. Bring him to Arlington with a loaded suitcase.
Yes, I know I am wrong, but you see, here at Chickens on the Run, we are green and recycle images whenever possible. That Davies image is an image we used last season with a matchup of Davies and Padilla. I may update it... may. The Barbie logo is still pretty funny, but he now has facial hair (as I understand it). I may go to a Y2K10 compliant later in the season.

It should be noted that Davies has a better ERA than Harrison, and he's probably a better pitcher than Harrison right now... however he plays for Kansas City. I just can't support KC on any kind of level, even a sympathetic level.
FORECAST: Have the Rangers become cold? I don't know enough to say, but one cure for a cold is to play the Royals. At least, that is what the last 16 years would say. I'm sure some teams would call the Royals a slumpbuster. I guess that is OK, unless you are a Royals fan, but like they don't know? They have hit triple digits in the loss column five times over the last 16 seasons. That's more than 31%, which honestly makes me feel good about the Rangers. I would already call for the sweep, but tomorrow is Zach day at the ballpark. Rangers win this one, 6-1.

1 Random Thoughts:

terry said...

well i guess that would have been a great game to watch. but only since Texas eventually won.