Wednesday, October 20, 2010

ALCS Game 5: Texas Rangers (3-1) at NY Yankees (1-3)

This is more like a series of thoughts, as I can do the glam and bam that I like to do for each post. Still, I mentioned this on facebook, that the Rangers are 5-0 this postseason on the road. They are 1-3 at home and 1-2 in clinching opportunities. C.J. Wilson started the last game the Rangers lost. Wow, talk about some negative mojo! OK, OK, ok... I would love the Rangers to clinch at home, but you know what? It's OK to clinch on the road, too. Normally, my gut gives off the vibes as to what this Rangers team will do, and it is freakishly accurate. I don't normally post what my gut says, in a lot ways, I try to convince myself otherwise if I don't like what my gut says, but here's the thing, I got nothing on this game. I can't say that the Rangers will win or lose, I think about Wilson and Sabathia, and I come up empty. I like how the Rangers played CC in game 1, but can we expect the same show today? I don't think so. Can we expect what Wilson did to the Stankees? I think so, as the Stanks have really been off in this series and there is no reason to expect them to just suddenly come alive, although the motivation is there for them, its win or call it an off-season for them. Nothing like no more paycheck to keep you motivated. To keep in the customary fashion, I will give my forecast, but I really am just pulling from my hindquarters, you know. Forecast: Yankees late 5-4, no, no, let's say Rangers chase Sabathia early, pound tired bullpen. That actually makes sense. Their bullpen is gassed out, Sabathia would have to pitch seven solid to give them a chance... If the Rangers chase him early, even six innings, they have this game and the series. Hamilton has punched the clock four times in this series and Molina is playing like some sort of MVP. If Vlad finally finds his groove, then GAME OVER. I will say the Rangers over the Yanks 6-2.

2 Random Thoughts:

Weather Man said...

The Rangers had opportunity after opportunity, but just didn't punch the clock on MOST of the chances given to them. I guess any given day... still coming home from the three games there, winning two of them, you really can't ask for much more than that.

terry said...

did you go see Game 6?