Thursday, January 26, 2012

Roy Oswalt

OK, so let's talk about Roy Oswalt. The Rangers are going to sign him and he would fit in the rotation just right. And should the Rangers (actually, they will) sign him, that is a message that the Rangers want to get back to the World Series for a third straight year.

Can you imagine a lineup with Hamilton, Cruz, Beltre, Kinsler, Young, and Fielder? Can you imagine a rotation with Darvish, Feliz, Lewis, and Oswalt?

And then there is Joe Nathan closing the door. Of course, Feliz could be doing that, with Nathan being a set up guy for him. Or the other way around, Feliz setting up for Nathan. But if Nathan is closing, look for Feliz to start, as I don't see Feliz being a set-up guy. I'm sure he would if he was told to, I just don't see it happening on a everyday or two basis.

The Lineup as I see it right now:

C     Mike Napoli
1B   Mitch Moreland
(Prince Fielder would take his spot)
2B   Ian Kinsler
SS   Elvis Andrus
3B   Adrian Beltre
OF  Josh Hamilton
OF  Nelson Cruz
OF  Julio Borbon
(although Leonys Martin, could take his spot in the lineup somewhere along the way)
DH  Michael Young

Pitching Rotation:

SP  Yu Darvish
SP  Colby Lewis
SP  Neftali Feliz
SP  Derek Holland
SP  Alexi Ogando/Matt Harrison/Scott Feldman
CP  Joe Nathan

I think Ogando should be the #5 guy and when Oswalt signs, the Rotation would drop Holland into a competition with Ogando and Harrison and Feldman would essentially be given the long relief role instead of any real chance of a starting spot, which is probably best for the team anyway. I like Harrison and Feldman in the relief roles, personally, and Ogando can go either way for me. He flourished last season in the starting spot and I would like to see him given the opportunity to do that again.

1 Random Thoughts:

Weather Man said...

I can't believe he hasn't signed yet. I would've thought this would have been done by now.