Saturday, February 04, 2012

Prince Fielder and Roy Oswalt

I guess besides the money, Prince wanted to go where his father played. I think it is a good fit for the Tigers, not really sure for Fielder. I say this because he could hit more homeruns in other stadiums. But money is money and baseball is a business, too. I think if players were REALLY about the jewelry, they would bundle up to teams with particular players. Maybe that is how New York gets so much in talented free agents,

Roy Oswalt:
"It's enticing when you have a veteran starter who wants to pitch for you," general manager Jon Daniels said Thursday, the paper reports. "The reality is we have a lot of starting pitchers that all have high upsides, and we want to give them the ball."

It doesn't look like Roy is coming to Texas after all. I don't know if I like that idea. From a fan's standing point, we have let Cliff Lee slip from our grasp, and followed that up the next year with CJ Wilson going to a divisional rival. It's tough to see.

Yes, we get Yu Darvish and Adrian Beltre... does that make up for the loses? Bittersweet, I guess.

1 Random Thoughts:

terry said...

the question was whether we wanted Fielder for 10 years.

and i don't think Oswalt has much left in his arm.

i think Rangers Management did the right thing in both these cases.