Saturday, January 21, 2012

Yu Darvish

I like Yu Darvish. I also like that we got him for six years averaging 10 a year. I'll take that. I also like that we have the possible $$$ to still go after Fielder. It's unlikely to get both Darvish and Fielder, but I like having pipe dreams. And if anyone would have told me five years ago that we would have been to the series TWO years straight, I would've called them partly crazy and would have hugged them all at the same time. I like that kind of thinking. I believe that we can get back there again, and win, especially should we sign Fielder to a contract for some first base action. Can you think what his boom-stick would do for the Rangers lineup? Hamilton, Beltre, and Fielder? Wow.

Darvish had thrown for a sub 2.00 ERA for his last five seasons, despite not grabbing 20 wins in any of those years. He did go 18-6 this last year and gives the Rangers a real chance at a Cy Young winner, for several reasons.

  • #1: No major leaguer has faced him, with a small exception of Japanese players
  • #2: He's good.
  • #3: He has success backing him up.
  • #4: He's young, to boot.
It all spells out that this should be fun to watch.
New Era (eFashion Solutions)

1 Random Thoughts:

terry said...

my only concern about Darvish is how much stamina he'll have in the Arlington summer sun.